What personal information does the CatherineMHughes.com website collect from the people that visit this website and blog?
When ordering or registering on the CatherineMHughes.com site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When does the CatherineMHughes.com website collect information?
CatherineMHughes.com collects information from you when you subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on this website.
How does the CatherineMHughes.com website use your information?
CatherineMHughes.com (AKA PHR & Dreams Unlimited) may use the information collected from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for the CatherineMHughes web content newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve the CatherineMHughes.com website in order to better serve you.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
How does CatherineMHughes.com protect your information?
• The CatherineMHughes.com website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to the CatherineMHughes.com website as safe as possible.
•The CatherineMHughes.com website uses regular Malware Scanning.
• Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
• The CatherineMHughes.com website utilizes a variety of security measures if or when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
• All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on this website’s hosting company servers.
Does CatherineMHughes.com use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. This website may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on CatherineMHughes.com’s behalf such as Google Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser type is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect your experience on this website.
CatherineMHughes.com does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless this website provides users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist CatherineMHughes.com in operating as a website, conduct business, or to serve users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. CatherineMHughes.com may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce this website’s site policies, or protect this website, its owner, or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at this website’s discretion, CatherineMHughes.com may include or offer third-party products or services on the CatherineMHughes.com website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. CatherineMHughes.com, therefore, has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, this website seeks to protect the integrity of CatherineMHughes.com and welcome any feedback about third-party sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. For more information, visit Google’s Advertising Policies Help page, click here.
CatherineMHughes.com has not enabled Google AdSense on this website but CatherineMHughes.com may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Read more about CalOPPA at The Consumer Federation of California Education Foundation website by clicking here.
According to CalOPPA, CatherineMHughes.com agrees to the following:
– Users can visit the CatherineMHughes.com website anonymously.
How does the CatherineMHughes.com website handle Do Not Track signals?
CatherineMHughes.com honors Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does the CatherineMHughes.com website allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s important to note that CatherineMHughes.com does not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13-years-old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The CatherineMHughes.com website does not specifically market to children under the age of 13-years-old.
Fair Information Practices.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices this website will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
This website will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
The CatherineMHughes.com website also agrees to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
When the CatherineMHughes.com website collects your email address, it is in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to the CatherineMHughes.com mailing list or continue to send emails to CatherineMHughes.com clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM Act, this website agrees to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of the CatherineMHughes.com (PHR & Dreams Unlimited) business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us by following the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact CatherineMHughes.com through the website contact form here and you will promptly be removed from ALL correspondence.
European General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Rights
For European Residents Only. Except as otherwise provided for by applicable laws and regulations relating to our regulatory functions, in certain circumstances, you have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information.
Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
• Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
• Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict the processing of your personal information.
• Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request the transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
If you wish to exercise your European rights under GDPR, you can send an e-mail to — firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting CatherineMHughes.com (PHR & Dreams Unlimited)
PHR & Dreams Unlimited
Santa Rosa, California 95405
ch (at) catherinemhughes (dot) com
CatherineMHughes.com Contact Form Page